1. Finish collecting and giving critiques. This should be easy. I love beta reading.
Still in the middle of this, although there isn’t much I can do to get critiques done faster. I forget sometimes that most people don’t read 10K a day.
2. Start posting more at the Spamfiles. I think having more posts will attract more readers. Could it be that other people don’t find spam as amusing as I do?
Got this one done. I’m still disappointed that I don’t have more followers, though.
3. Add 20K more words to my rewrite. Usually first draft writing is easy for me, but I’ve been feeling a little bit of the writer’s block lately. I hope I can do it.
Kind of a failure. Because it’s a rewrite, there are still some things from the old version that I can use, so I’ve been working on that. But I could have done more if I hadn’t gotten distracted by a shiny new project. Darn your shininess!
Not as successful maybe, but not bad. I should’ve done more with number 3. On the other hand, I got a bunch of stuff done that wasn’t on my list, like aforementioned new project (something like twenty K there, so pretty good), and switching over to the new blog. I’d give my final grade as a B. An actual B, too, not a scaled B. Not bad.
Okay, now for July (I can’t believe the year is half over already!)
1. Finish going over suggestions from previous readers for COLLAPSE. Maybe try to find more critique partners. I’ve got some good feedback, but I don’t know if four is enough (especially when I don’t have them all back yet).
2. Be more present in social media. Mostly I want to leave more comments, respond to every one I receive, and return the favor.
3. Add 20K more to New Project and finish combining the new and the old versions.
I wonder if it’s too ambitious or not ambitious enough.
Anyway, what are your plans for July, for writing or otherwise? Anyone doing anything fun?