Saturday, June 16, 2012

Taking A Break


Not from blogging. Or writing. This time, I mean from the internet.

I kind of had to take one last weekend because I was so busy. First I went out to the movies (Prometheus is frigging awesome, by the way) and because it was right smack in the middle of the day I didn’t have computer time. Then the next day I helped my mom put together a bookcase (and by that I mean I put together the book case) and I have no idea why it took as long as it did. Two freaking hours but it’s done.

Um. Anyway. My point is that taking a break from the internet isn’t a bad idea. Except for holidays and that enforced break from the hurricane last year, I’ve been on the computer every day, usually doing work, occasionally just messing around. Having to be online all the time is surprisingly draining.

So take a break. Once a month, once a week, just at some point unplug. Preferably after you comment on my blog, of course ;). But now that this post is done—and it was short totally so you could be finished quickly and not because I’m lazy and have no ideas—go outside. Read a book that’s not on the computer.

10 comments:

  1. That's great advice! I've been dinking around on the computer all morning and it's afternoon now. I should just unplug and go read a book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually have a day during the week where I don't even touch my computer. It's usually a Thursday (for some reason, that day is just the worst). Or if I do log on, it's only to check in, and then I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took a break. Kinda. Not on purpose. I think I'm back now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a lovely break (and hey! stop reading your comments!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all for taking breaks. I know myself too well. I get burned out way too easily if I don't. Good on you for listening to your inner need to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's important to take time off. Enjoy and get refreshed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good advice. I feel like I'm joined at the hip to the DSL sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great advice, indeed. I usually stay off when there has been a lot going on. My 17 year old just graduated from high school and my 14 year old from junior high. I didn't get a lot of laptop work in during those two weeks! *laughs*
    So, you liked Prometheus, huh? My boys saw it first and then dragged me to it. It wasn't that I didn't want to see it. I just was never that big of an Alien fan. I thought it was good, too. My oldest has seen it three times!!

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.