Tuesday, September 12, 2023

September Goals

Another goals post, and only a week late. What do I want to do this month? Well, first let’s look at what I was supposed to do last month.
 
August Goals
1. Actually keep track of my goals this month. I let it slack when I stopped using sticky notes, but now that the evil rounded corners are gone, I can use them again.
Yes, I started keeping track of things. Eventually. Not that there was much to keep track of.
 
2. Finish Book 2. It’s got, like, three more chapters, so this should be easy.
I was able to do this! Book 2 is “complete”. Which is to say done without being totally edited.
 
3. BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Could have used more birthday.
 
Another success. That’s the secret: aim low. Aim so low no one will notice if you fail.
 
September Goals
1. Continue editing the book and promoting the web serial. I am so bad at this.
 
2. Work on something pointless that lets me recharge creatively.
 
3. Figure out what I want to work on next.
 
Still trying to find something that I want to work on. I need an idea that pulls at me. How do you decide what to work on? What do you want to do this September?

5 comments:

  1. Well done! And sounds like this month's goals should be achievable as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work on achieving your goals! And it sounds like this month's are very achievable too. When I don't know what to work on, I like to use prompts and see where they take me. It's usually a short story, but sometimes a couple of these in a short time can lead to something more substantial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my thing--only setting goals I know I can meet. There's something satisfying about that. I'm with you creatively. It's hard sometimes to come up with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you achieve all the goals, especially working on something pointless.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.