Tuesday, September 26, 2023

From The Spamfiles

Thankfully I have received lots of new spam to share.

Message from Fidelity, saying two hundred and fifty thousand dollar term life insurance, followed by a string of letters and numbers
No way I am taking out that much life insurance. The last thing I need is more people rooting for me to die.

This one is from Fidelity underscore Life, two exclamation points, and for some reason the T is capitalized, and it also says the two hundred fifty thousand dollar life insurance, though in the message itself it says five hundred K
Another one, though this one isn’t nearly as believable. The random capitalized T is disquieting enough, but the double exclamation point is quite concerning. These people are definitely rooting for me to die.

Message from Videos dot com, saying confirmation registration, to validate your account, videos send me
Videos dot com has to be the most generic name for a site ever. The domain is taken of course, and the site does seem to have videos, I’ve just never heard of it before.

Message from Mr. Douglas Costa, saying Attention Beneficiary, this is to inform you that the higher authorities that is in charge of international…
The higher authorities! Of course! I know them.

Text message I received at three fifty seven in the morning from chkcaccnts.zmembershipsensitivy.-explatfoiv… saying my Venmo Account has been locked and to click this totally legitimate link to avoid permanent suspension.
A text I received recently. I like how the name of the sender is spelled so badly. It seems to say “membership sensitivity” with sensitivity spelled wrong, and a weird choice of wording anyway. And of course the best part is I don’t have a Venmo account.

4 comments:

  1. Spam has no chance of getting through when they can't master the language or grammar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get a lot of warnings from companies that my account has been hacked.

    This of course despite the fact that in each case, I have never had an account with these companies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somedays it feels like the spammers aren't even trying. It's insulting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep getting messages that X amount of money has been credited to my account, and that I have to click on a link to know more details about the windfall. When I look at the account number, that's not even remotely close to something that I have.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.