Tuesday, July 4, 2023

July Goals

We are on the downswing of the year now. I don’t know how it happened. I feel like it should still be March. Now let’s see what I didn’t accomplish last month.
 
June Goals
1. Get to 60K on the sequel WIP.
Only got to 55K. It was such an easy goal, too, but it’s been a pretty stressful month. There were days I opened my document and just stared at the screen. I called those weekdays.
 
2. Rearrange my whole writing schedule in a way that hopefully works since I have a bunch more stuff on my plate.
This at least has mostly worked. I’ve been babysitting my new nephew sometimes and did you know babies were a lot of work?
 
3. Keep trying on the marketing stuff, even if I have no idea how.
I didn’t even get to this. Ugh.
 
And now for what I’m not going to get done this month.
 
July Goals
1. Reduce my blogging schedule. I know, it’s a shock. I’ve been at three times a week for over a decade now! Unfortunately, I don’t have as much energy as I used to.
 
2. Update my etymology page. You know what fun this always is.
 
3. Get to 90K on my WIP. I probably won’t get this far, but I’m hoping for a miraculous burst of inspiration.
 
So yeah. No more Saturday posts. I think I’ll intersperse comics with the spam posts now (EDIT: now because my computer crashed, it’s going to be comics for a while because I lost all my spam posts). Thursdays will still be dedicated to etymology, because I still really enjoy doing that. And I’m sure you do too.
 
What do you want to do this month?

5 comments:

  1. I'd like to get through the month. I just hate the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babies do take up a lot of time! I'm always surprised because they also sleep so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your nephew. They grow up so fast. I remember babysitting my niece. It was fun to knit her cute things. She's now 22...

    Did I send you the link to the blog with some marketing ideas? I meant to, but I can't recall if I did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard that babies are a lot of work. Probably why my sister didn't trust me with my niece until she was older and could handle most of her own bathroom needs.

    Nice progress on your June goals! I drastically reduced my blogging schedule a while ago (and still forget to post half the time, so I think maybe I'm the problem there...)

    Best of luck with this month's goals!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Babies are a lot of work. I fell off the regular blogging schedule when I started watching my granddaughter full time and never could get back on. Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.