Tuesday, July 11, 2023

It Was Like 90% The Corners

Priorities.
Panel 1, I’m talking to my friend, they say, “There you are. You’re late.” I say, “Sorry, my computer just totally broke from another Windows 11 update.” Panel 2, they looked alarmed, “WHAT?” I say, “I went through all the usual fixes, troubleshoot mode, deleting the update when I rebooted it and it just redownloaded the update!” Panel 3, they say, “Of course it did.” I say, “I had to reset the whole thing! So I figured, might as well redownload Windows 10.” They say, “And that fixed things?” Panel 4, I say, “Yes, I was finally able to rid of 11’s hideous rounded corners in minimized windows.” They say, “…And your computer will stop breaking.” I say, “Sure, that too.”
Unfortunately, me, being me, backed up everything except my cache of spam, so unfortunately I lost all those. Which is why Tuesday is going to be comics for a while.
 
And I am so, so glad to have angled corners back.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sure you will get plenty spam to replace it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's always plenty of spam, so I don't think it will be long before you're back in action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, no worries. I'm sure you'll have plenty of spam to replace it and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't used Windows in a long, long time, so I haven't seen the rounded corners things, but I'm glad you were able to get rid of them. Sorry for all the hassle you had to go through to do it, though.

    And I'm very sorry about the loss of the spam. I guess, like the others said, the decent thing about the Internet is that there should be plenty of spam to replace it. It feels weird to have written that sentence, but there it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep getting spam. Just a matter of time before someone comes along looking for Greg.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be easy to replace the spam. There's so much of it.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.