Tuesday, July 2, 2024

July Goals

Well, we’re officially halfway through the year. Anyone else distressed at how this could have happened? No? Just me then?
 
June Goals
1. Start posting the web serial again, and keep working on it.
This at least was easy.
 
2. Do something fun and distracting to recharge.
Meh, kind of. Could probably use more recharging. My battery is very bad at holding a charge.
 
3. Work on getting beta readers for my WIP. Opening up to people with my work is hard, and I need people I can trust. So yeah. This is quite a task.
I did manage to do this, though I’m still hoping to find more. The finding is the really tough part.
 
Remember when there were a ton of write-bloggers? There were awards and contests and online get-togethers. Hell, you could go on social media and meet other writers there. It was awesome. I miss those days.
 
July Goals
1. Work on notes from beta readers. It looks promising so far.
 
2. Find more beta readers and writer places. Please, just don’t make me have to go on Discord. Unfortunately it seems every other social media is dead now.
 
3. Sigh. Once again, update my etymology pages. I keep hoping they’ll update Blogger so it doesn’t suck any more, but fat chance of that happening when it took over a month for them to fix the problem with the links.
 
That’s what I want for this month, though who knows what will happen? What do you want to do this month? Where do you meet other writers?

4 comments:

  1. We have a new feature coming up at the IWSG Facebook site where you can pair up with beta readers. Maybe you can find a couple more there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is much harder to find new writing friends these days. Most of mine are ones I met on Writing.com in various forums.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I connected with my now defunct writing group on meetup.com. Yeah, it was in person, but it was a good group. They might have some in your area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I first moved to the swamp state, I found some in-person groups on meetup.com. I later ended up inheriting both of those groups, but I met a lot of local writers that way. Or check for flyers on bulletin boards at libraries and coffee places.

    Nice job with the June goals. Best of luck with July's! (And I'm a little distressed that we're already halfway through the year, so it's not just you.)

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.