Tuesday, June 18, 2024

From The Spamfiles

How are the spammers trying to scam me this month?

Message from IMran “i rana”, saying unique content for approval, Hi, SEO Dynamis is now writing unique human-written articles to get…
I was going to comment on the whole I M ran thing, or the i rana, but then I saw that it boasts “human-written” articles, and I got bummed that that’s now something we have to say.

Three messages, two from POF, and the third from Plenty of Fish, saying Welcome to Plenty of Fish, you’re new around here, your profile is incomplete, new matches, just for you, and apparently the user name is Jeurytqzw
Don’t know how I ended up on this mailing list, or why the name involved is “Jeurytqzw”. It sounds like someone sneezed.

Message from viv78 at vivcity dot com, no subject, 1938444924
Viv at Vivcity is sending me a ten digit number. Just for fun, I guess.

Message from FB, saying Facebook: Please verify your account, we’ve noticed some unusual activity, exclamation point, 28843
Well, it’s Facebook, so I assume the unusual activity is implying people shouldn’t be allowed to be bigots and maybe scientists who’ve spent decades studying things actually know what they’re talking about.

Another bot that’s following my Tumblr, untitled, name of 123456787…, and pictures of mostly naked women in the profile
Yes, there’s nothing that screams “Not a bot” more than a user name of 123456787…

3 comments:

  1. Plenty of Fish? Who would set up such a site anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all getting so lazy. I can't see the point in bothering when it's all so obviously garbage. I mean, who falls for these things?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Plenty of Fish is a better dating app to be targeted by than Silver Singles. Sadly, that's the one that pops up for me...

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.