Tuesday, January 12, 2021

January Goals

I have my yearly goals down, so I suppose it’s time to do this. Plus I usually just copy and paste my goals in and add my notes on them because, you know, that’s way easier, but for some reason pasting between Word documents is causing it to come out in a weird format I’ve never used in my life. Even removing the formatting didn’t really work because for some reason they’re in all uppercase so it looks like I’m shouting. So now I have to type them in by hand, like some sort of animal.
 
I know there are far more pressing things to worry about right now, but man. Frigging Word.
 
December Goals
1. Update etymology page. I’m still trying to get rid of those damn double spaces between the words.
I updated it, but I still have no idea how to get rid of those double spaces. No, going in and removing them by hand doesn’t work at all. What the hell is it with formatting issues this month?????
 
2. More beta reads. My book definitely needs more opinions.
Well, it’s underway!
 
3. Figure out what project I want to work on next.
Considering I’m more than halfway through a first draft, I think I’ve done this.
 
At least something has gone right last month. Now for this month…
 
January Goals
1. Finish the book I started writing (or at least get close, depending on how long it ends up).
 
2. Finish work on more beta notes.
 
3. Get my query ready (gulp).
 
Let’s see how these get derailed over the next few weeks. What are your hopes for January?

5 comments:

  1. You did good for December.
    I do my posts in Word with the html formatting, then paste into Blogger in html mode. Then the formatting is preserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, when you're halfway through a first draft, it is safe to say you've committed to a project. :)

    Best of luck with your goals!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goals are more day to day at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, considering the sedition, this month might be hard. Good for getting your December stuff done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did great in December. Keep that momentum up this month and you'll be golden!

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.