Tuesday, September 10, 2019

September Goals


Oh, right. This.

August Goals
1. Work on planning the sequel to the WIP. I didn’t expect to do this already, but everything’s been going so well on it, that I’m actually getting to the point where it’s ready to be written.
Well, I failed this goal. Mostly because instead of “planning”, I just went ahead and wrote it. I managed to get 50K down by the end of the month. Whoops.

2. Keep editing. Can’t get distracted by the shiny prospect of first draft writing.
Yeah, this is a major fail. It was too shiny! I couldn’t resist!

3. BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
At least I didn’t manage to screw this one up!

So, yeah. Things definitely didn’t go according to plan. I just enjoy writing about this world so much… I’m already two thirds of the way done. I should’ve known I wouldn’t be able to resist.

September Goals
1. Well,  now that I’ve started, I might as well finish WIP-2.

2. Maybe actually get around to editing those old stories this time.

3. I should also update my etymology page. I don’t even have the case words up yet.

Let’s hope it’s easier to get my goals done this month. What are you up to?

7 comments:

  1. Accidentally writing fifty thousand words is a good problem to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why plan when you're inspired to write?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing is better than planning, anyway. You can edit later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I'd accidentally written 50K words...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good plan only lasts until shots are fired... no, wait, that's a battlefield strategy only lasts until shots are fired.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't understand "goals," evidently.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's not a bad way to fail a goal.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.