Less than two months left in the year. How did this happen? What was I even supposed to do last month?
1. Start with the beta reads. And as a corollary, don’t have a panic attack from the beta reads.
I actually didn’t do this because everyone I knew was busy or vanished somewhere into the aether of the internet. The blog-o-sphere isn’t as active as it used to be.
2. Figure out if I’m ready to start a new WIP.
Considering I started it, the answer would have to be yes.
3. Try to distract myself from the beta reading/imminent doom.
Kind of unnecessary.
Seriously, the beta thing was such a bust. There are like three people who owe me reads who are just plain gone. Plus the last time I did this, there was still a lot of those blog events people hosted where you could find a bunch of like-minded people to exchange stories with. I can’t even remember the last time I’ve seen one of those.
The above is kind of feeling like a big old pile of excuses, so let’s just move on to next month:
1. Keep searching for beta readers.
2. Get up to 40K on my new WIP (already at about 18K, so this is certainly possible).
3. <shudder> Thanksgiving.
So that’s what I want to do this month. What are you up to? Want to do some beta reading (you can email me here)?