Tuesday, November 6, 2018

November Goals


Less than two months left in the year. How did this happen? What was I even supposed to do last month?

October Goals
1. Start with the beta reads. And as a corollary, don’t have a panic attack from the beta reads.
I actually didn’t do this because everyone I knew was busy or vanished somewhere into the aether of the internet. The blog-o-sphere isn’t as active as it used to be.

2. Figure out if I’m ready to start a new WIP.
Considering I started it, the answer would have to be yes.

3. Try to distract myself from the beta reading/imminent doom.
Kind of unnecessary.

Seriously, the beta thing was such a bust. There are like three people who owe me reads who are just plain gone. Plus the last time I did this, there was still a lot of those blog events people hosted where you could find a bunch of like-minded people to exchange stories with. I can’t even remember the last time I’ve seen one of those.

The above is kind of feeling like a big old pile of excuses, so let’s just move on to next month:

November Goals
1. Keep searching for beta readers.

2. Get up to 40K on my new WIP (already at about 18K, so this is certainly possible).

3. <shudder> Thanksgiving.

So that’s what I want to do this month. What are you up to? Want to do some beta reading (you can email me here)?

9 comments:

  1. The IWSG is one of those...
    Check with the IWSG Facebook group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll read for you. Can't promise I'll be super fast, but I'll do my best to get it done within two or three weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time flies superfast. I can't believe that it's already November. Some things I thought of doing in January, it looks like was just a couple of months ago! There are many work-related goals which I have no option but to meet. Also, I plan to read books at a faster pace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finding beta readers is tricky. The majority of the time, people fall through for me. I'll have 1 person actually read the story I send.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Thanksgiving. Is there a way to inflict the turkey coma on everyone in advance?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will beta read for you. I promise.

    I like Thanksgiving. And bonus, I get to spend it with the guy who we had to call the cops on a couple decades ago. He's off the drugs now. But, as two of the group are MAGAts, well, we'd best not discuss politics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd be happy to beta read for you.

    My Thanksgivings have been a lot less stressful since I moved to the other end of the East Coast. Something about staying home and not doing anything with anyone, I suppose.

    Hooray for starting a new WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a busy month for me. I'm releasing a book this Friday and releasing the sequel on Dec. 4th. (Well, my alter ego is. I branched out with another pen name.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about the beta readers and sorry but I'm full up with my crew. The blogosphere is less active lately.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.