Anyway, let’s see what I did…
1. Finish going over suggestions from previous readers for COLLAPSE. Maybe try to find more critique partners. I’ve got some good feedback, but I don’t know if four is enough (especially when I don’t have them all back yet).
Oh wow, I totally failed here, mostly because I completely forgot about searching for more crit partners. Um, whoops?
2. Be more present in social media. Mostly I want to leave more comments, respond to every one I receive, and return the favor.
Did this. I’m commenting more and responding to almost every one (the few I don’t is because some people don’t connect their web pages to their profiles and I can’t find them).
3. Add 20K more to New Project and finish combining the new and the old versions.
Did not do this. I worked more on the rewrite, but then I started working on a completely different project. I got that one done and even worked on yet another, but this goal is a total fail.
So it’s a failure in the sense that I have not been working on the goals I was supposed to be working on. I got quite a bit done, but not exactly on the correct things. Part of it is wanting a break from dystopian/apocalyptic writing—yes, really. Although the new idea I have is still more than a little apocalyptic…
1. Keep on social media and keep searching for more beta readers for my YA apocalyptic. I really hope I remember it this month. Not that I know how to go about doing so…well, the goal should be to figure that out, then.
2. Add 20K to new project. It’s a paranormal with an apocalyptic twist because I can’t really stray that far.
3. Add 10K to my horror side project. Also, maybe reveal the horror story I wrote to you guys.
And the fourth goal: take a break. Honestly, I’m really busy this month outside all of my writing stuff, so I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to get done.
Anyway, what are you doing this August? Are you enjoying your last full month of summer (or winter, if you’re below the equator)?