Tuesday, May 21, 2013

WIP It

Like the Devo song. They were on Futurama. That’s how I know them.

One of my 2012 goals was to join in more blogfests. As you may or may not recall, I did one, which was less than I did in 2012 and thus a total failure for me. Not that I’m broken up about it, but still. It’s pretty weaksauce on my part.

Anyway, I finally found one that made me get off my lazy butt and join! DL Hammons and Elise Fallson are hosting the WIP It Good Blogfest on May 31st. On that day, everyone shares the following:

WIP Title:

Word Count (projected/actual so far):

Genre:

How long have you been working on it?:

Elevator Pitch (if you came across an agent in an elevator ride, what couple of lines would you use to summarize your book):

Brief Synopsis (250 words or less):

Are you looking for a Critique Partner?:

Are you looking for a Beta Reader?:


And we meet up in hopes of finding new CPs and Beta Readers, something I mentioned I was looking for.

This is perfect : ). I hope to see you there!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun blogfest. I always like reading about what others are creating. I could participate if I ignored the part about the elevator pitch and the brief synopsis. Those always stump me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like wips, only chains.

    No, I don't know what that means.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "They were on Futurama." Thanks for making me feel old!

    I'll make sure to keep my eyes peeled for good blogfests for you. They do come up all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And that would be today... I'll look for the new blog.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.