Saturday, August 18, 2012

Random Thoughts

---One week and one day until my birthday. Wheeeeee!
---Anyone want to guest post? I’d really appreciate it.
---So. People who watched the Olympics on NBC. You’re kind of getting my point about why they suck, right?
---If a tree falls in a forest, does it make any sound? Yes. Yes it does. My high school physics teacher explained how it works.
---I have to say, 50 Shades of Grey did something I never thought possible: it made me hate TWILIGHT less. So, kudos for that.
---Sometimes, when I hear/read an amusing quote, I write it down on whatever Word document I happened to have open (because there’s always one). It makes for some interesting reading if I haven’t opened one in a while. The one heading this page? “And YES, I understand that of all the things in the world to get worked up about, maybe poverty and climate change are above one soul-crushing shopping experience downtown. But man! The Mall!” Courtesy of Dinosaur Comics.
---Random Note: I don’t think I’ll ever get the proper spelling of courtesy down in my head. It’s like a mental block.
---The third Hunger Games book is going to be split into two movies because money-money-money!
---I guess they need the extra cash for Philip Seymour Hoffman's salary.
---A cat is mayor of a town in Alaska. I had a cat who would have made a good mayor. Too bad he had a heart condition. He was tough. Never backed down. He would have finally cleaned up this upper middle class hellhole.
---Attention people running for election: stop calling me. Seriously, I will not vote for you out of spite. I’ve done it before. Do not f’ing test me on that.
---No matter how much sunblock I put on, I always get burned if I stay outside for too long. Ninety percent of my physical traits are from the French Canadian side of the family, but my skin is very much Irish.
---You know how the SciFi channel changed its name to SyFy to put itself out to a non-hardcore sci-fi audience? Yeah, the History Channel really needs to do that. Their current name just isn’t accurate anymore. I’m not begrudging them that. I’m just saying when you have shows about aliens and lobster fishermen, you’re not exactly in the history business anymore.
---Maybe the Hystori Channel would work.
---Hm. I complain about television a lot.
---At the store, I noticed they have medium eggs, large eggs, and jumbo eggs. They can’t just call them small, medium, and large? I feel like I’m in an episode of Seinfeld or something.
---“Oology” is the shortest ology. It’s the study of eggs. Maybe an oologist can tell us why there are no “small” chicken eggs.

6 comments:

  1. LOL, so random and hilarious. Medium, large and jumbo are marketing ploys - they don't want to say small because then people, who are really dumb you know, will think they're not getting their moneys worth. Guest post? Sure, I'll do it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new name for the history channel. They should pay you for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have sunburning issues too.

    And I can never hate the big bestsellers. They get people who don't normally read to read. And some of them continue reading.

    And Happy Birthday. Yes, I'm early, but better early than late, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked watching the Olympics on TV. What I hated was having my husband turn on ESPN and listening to a report (or seeing it scroll across the bottom) that tells me the results of the race/sport I'm going to watch LATER. >:(
    erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog. Does that mean you're back from vacation? Did you have a nice b-day?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, yes, History Television... dominated by fishermen, ice road truckers, aliens, Nostradamus... while actual history lies by the side of the road, trampled by fishermen, run over by truckers, probed by aliens, and laughed at by a dead weed smoking prognosticator.

    And a cat being mayor of that place in Alaska means they have their priorities straight, and accept that cats are the ultimate life form on the planet. Which they are.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.