Saturday, July 14, 2012

Random Thoughts


---Here’s another post of Random Thoughts because I have no ideas about anything else.
---Me yelling at the internet: Yes I want to skip the advertisement! Always skip the advertisement! Why do I have to say yes every time?
---Also yelling at the internet: I’m not on Facebook! Stop asking me to Like stuff!
---“World’s largest ball of twine, summer tourist destination.” No, I didn’t make up that sentence.
---K is the symbol for the element Potassium. Why K? Because it stands for the Latin word for potassium, kalium, which actually means “potash”. Take away the h and it sounds like the English word, doesn’t it?
---Can election season be over right now please? If this goes on until November I may have to kill myself.
---Another entry for the amusing advertisement file: an ad for one of those online language courses with a picture of a man (the inventor, I assume). It says “Language professors hate him!” Why? Why do they hate him? Can he give students the course credit in languages they need to graduate, thus rendering them useless? Is he submitting competing papers to academic journals? Because that’s actually something they might hate him for. Otherwise, their jobs are pretty secure.
---Burger King is offering a bacon sundae because of course they are.
---Honestly, I can’t think of anything more disgusting.
---Maybe baconnaise.
---If you take a slinky and hold by the top so it’s stretched out and then let go, the bottom won’t fall until the top catches up to it. In a nutshell, it’s because it’s closing up and the bottom is moving towards the top at the same rate it should be falling, meaning it’s not moving.
---Enucleate is the word for removing something from its cover, i.e. an eyeball from its socket.
---“The 7 Most Horrifying Things Found Living Inside Humans”. Yeah, I’m not linking to that. But just so you know, I could.

And to round it off, another conversation between me and my mom:

Me: Whaaaaat?

Her: It’s the top of the first inning and the Yankees have already been through their entire rotation.

Me: Huh?

Her: The entire rotation! They have five points!

Me: Are you talking about baseball or something?

Her: This pitcher sucks. I want to kill him.

Me: That’s it? This is why you called me?

Her: I just wanted to tell you.

(half hour later)

Her: They’re tied now.

Me: What? I don’t know what you…Are you talking about the baseball game?

Her: Yes! The Red Sox went through their entire rotation, too. The whole first inning took an hour.

Me: Fascinating.

Her: You’re not excited?

Me: Not even a little. I’m going to feed the cats now.

That was my weekend. It’s not like she knows I don’t follow baseball or anything. She’s only known me since literally before I was born.

4 comments:

  1. You're not on Facebook? Tsk, tsk.

    What is this culture's current obsession with bacon? Suddenly, it seems to be more popular than chocolate. I mean, bacon is okay, but everyone seems to love it more than they did last year. I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone wants to kill the pitcher. Especially the umpire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'll have to work in enucleate to a WIP somewhere. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts make me laugh.
    Have a good week... :)

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.