Saturday, July 21, 2012

Distractions, Distractions


As usual, most of the time I’m supposed to be writing is taken up by video games. But lately, my writing’s been going swimmingly and as such, I feel I need to remember what the internet is really about: distractions.

First of all, there’s a cute game by Chris Hughes called Spin Spin, where you move the character (appropriately named “Spin”) with the A and D keys and rotate the room with the arrow keys. There’s both an Episode 1and Episode 2 if you’re interested.

If you’re interested in games but feel they don’t have enough logic and reasoning in them, then good news! ir/rational Redux is all about that. It’s extremely clever, forcing you to use logical arguments to advance the story.

Finally, if you’re obsessive (check) and have to unlock every achievement to consider a game “won” (check), then check out Doodle God and its sequel. I guarantee* you’ll never leave your computer again.

Bye-sie daisies!

*guarantee is not a guarantee.

5 comments:

  1. You know, you have a really interesting brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll stick with my Solitaire: Gaps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very much a Valve gamer. Should that be concerning? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! There are a LOT of distractions out there. Glad to hear your writing is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And it's so easy to get distracted!

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.