Sunday, March 27, 2011

Taking A Break

Not from blogging, of course. I don't think anything could keep me from having people validate my every thought. I mean, entertaining.

I've just reached my editing limit in my WIP. As many people have suggested, it's probably time for a break anyway. I've been working on it for a while. Mostly that darn first chapter. I like how it's turned out, but...well, I thought it was good before.

So! Time to do something else. I still haven't edited the project I did for NaNoWriMo, so I think I'll try doing that. I definitely think it would work better as a short story (okay, a long story) and I'm going to try cutting it back. As for what I'll do with it next...I have no idea. There certainly isn't a market for novellas/short stories. But it will give my brain a chance to do something different for a while.

What about you guys? How's your writing and editing going? Any WIP's losing the IP and just becoming W?

10 comments:

  1. If publishers aren't interested in novellas/short stories you could try e-publishing it? You could market it through the blogger community (you know how we all love to support each other :-)) and if you wrote a good blurb and got an eye-catching cover then I'm sure people would take a chance on it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working on getting the WIP done, and balancing it with academic responsibilities at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on editing right now. It's actually going pretty well. Almost one! :) I'm always itching to dive back into my WIP. It's been put off for a few weeks while I finish my edits! It's calling my name...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the middle of massive upheavals with one of my novels. Gahhh. It's driving me nuts. The changes are all for the better of course (except that creeping-up word count, MAN it's blown out again!), but the overall thing is pretty exasperating. It never seems to end, and I keep having to write entire new chapters. :P

    Good idea to focus on something else for a while. I would do that, but I'm COMPELLED to keep going with this one till I get past this messy middle part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh... So I volunteered at this 10K today, and it was great!

    (Which is code for: Of course I haven't done any writing. I've barely done any homework. I'm insane.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have two distinct piles of editing that needs to be done - I glare at them daily and go on to other things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arrgh. So much going on in my personal life...getting all the A to Z posts done and ready to go up<<

    Pray for my family>

    ReplyDelete
  8. I decided to go a different way with my WIP (which was about 75% done before I stalled) and need to go in and take out one plot line, including an entire character. So, basically I just open my document and stare at it. >:(
    erica

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm editing so much I can't see straight. Another couple days and I'll be taking a break, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I entertained the idea of working on something but decided that watching episodes of "House" sounded funner.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.