Saturday, April 8, 2023

The Howling

Real or not, this is the first time in my life I’ve ever been woken up by howling.
Panel 1, I’m asleep in bed, and a sharp “A-A-A!” noise starts, Panel 2, I wake up as an “A-woo! A-a-a-woo!” fills the room, Panel 3, I’m looking alarmed, and now there’s barking and “A-woo!” Panel 4, howling continues, and I say, “I find it concerning that I can’t tell if this is real or if I’m dreaming.”
I haven’t been able to find anyone else who heard it (I know one neighbor has dogs but I barely ever see this neighbor, and the dogs have never done this before), so I’m not one hundred percent sure this wasn’t some fragment of a dream—even when I woke up I wasn’t sure. Regardless, it was a weird experience I just had to share.

4 comments:

  1. Any chance coyotes live in the area? (I've actually woken up to real coyote howling before.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not howls, but I have been woken up by strange sounds about which I had no clue. May be a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weird. Perhaps some dogs were passing through?

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.