Tuesday, May 10, 2022

From The Spamfiles

Got to love spam. Well, electronic spam. I think the canned stuff is nasty.

Yes, replying to them will definitely make the messages stop, because that’s how it works. I know I’ve made this joke before, but the shear audacity gets to me.

1. Fancy lettering. 2. RE: in the subject line when I didn’t send the message. 3. Completely inappropriate emoji. 4. Congratulations! 5. “Something extraordinary is about to happen!” And that’s it, Spam Bingo!

From what I’ve heard about HSBC, it would actually be more scammy if it was legit.

It kind of got cut off at the end but she’s writing to me with the help of a nurse. Peeps, I believe we have a cancer widow here.

The Vietnamese is actually way less suspicious than the “This is very interesting news” on one of my blog posts.

4 comments:

  1. I'm impressed you knew it was Vietnamese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cancer widows make for such easy fodder after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my students is given spam every day for her snack. Yup, the canned meat. She has only recently (like in the last week) taken to throwing it out rather than eating it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there any chance that some of the mails that end up in the spam folder could actually be genuine mails ... Like some genuine request for help etc.?

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.