Tuesday, July 26, 2022

From The Spamfiles

Ah, spam. So reliably stupid.

 Spam message from OF COUNTRY G saying I know how to keep a man happy n apostrophe going
I think the most offensive part of this is the n-apostrophe-going. That’s just obscene.

 Spam saying read your message before it gets deleted and then saying What does your horoscope hold in the next month
What does my horoscope hold in the next month? In other words, this is a horoscope for my horoscope.

 message from Mrs. Lea Edem about a supposed business deal
I’m just impressed that she’s consistent about the name. Most of them don’t even bother.
 
message from an email address full of random letters saying to open it immediately for my freebie
They mean a computer virus designed to copy all your personal information. It is, as they claim, totally free.

I've been followed on twitter by Emmanuel Wangila, whose handle is emmanue (no L) followed by a random string of numbers, and the only thing in his profile is the words Am handsome
Normally it’s suspicious to have a new follower with a string of numbers after their name who’s just joined the site in the past month, but he Am handsome.

5 comments:

  1. There are so many spambots and fake accounts on Twitter. No wonder Musk doesn't want to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He says he's handsome, but that jacket is a crime against humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're having a very pleasant day. (I've got nothing new to say about spam, so I'll just skip that, okay?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the great thing about horoscopes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait. Didn't I comment on this post? Is Blogger trying to erase me?

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.