Tuesday, February 5, 2013

February Goals


First, let’s see how I did on last month’s goals:

Goal 1: Work on new Tumblr account.
            BAM!

Goal 2: I have over two hundred notes on COLLAPSE that I want to work on (word usage, phrasing, continuity, and feasibility mostly). I want to finish them all by the end of the month.
            BAM!

Goal 3: Finish editorial pass on GLITCH, with emphasis on word usage.
            BAM!

So, yeah, I’m pleased with myself. To be honest, the notes were WAY easier than I thought they would be. I guess when you have vague notes like “Work on this” it’s easy to ignore them. Next time I make notes on a book, I’ll be sure to be more specific because it’s really annoying when I have no idea what past-me was talking about. Seriously, that girl is a pain in my ass.

Anyway, for this month’s goals:

Goal 1: Get rid of certain phrasing styles I overuse in COLLAPSE, as well as too many questions, and sentences beginning with “before” or “after”. Update the outline.

Goal 2: Work on promoting the Spamfiles. I’m not very good at self-promotion, the annoying fault of being so shy. Expect me to start mentioning it on Twitter a lot.

Goal 3: Fix the awkward phrasing in GLITCH. Continue word hunt. Trust me, this will take a while.

Basically the same triad as last month. It’s also in the order I want to focus them on, although Goal 2 is more of an ongoing objective rather than a specific task.

Do you guys have any goals for the month, writing or otherwise? How did you do in January?

Man, I told myself I would stop adding questions to the ends of my posts in an attempt to garner comments. Oh well. It’s not like it’s a goal ; ). Yay semantics!

5 comments:

  1. I only ask a question if I really want an answer to the question. I think I've done that, like, twice? I figure if my post can't generate the response, the question doesn't really matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm terrible at self promotion, too. If you'd like, you could do a guest post on my blog about Spamfiles. (Although, I don't have much of a following, so I don't know how much good it would do.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have those phrases I overuse in my writing too. "That" is my nemesis. Great job with last month's goals and good luck with this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're getting close! Are you thinking of self publishing when you get there, or going through the query grind?
    Let me know if you're looking for betas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Now" is my personal nemesis of overused words...

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.